[Newsletter PoDM ] Principles of Data Management, Newsletter 35, September 2022

newsletter at databasetheory.org newsletter at databasetheory.org
Mon Sep 5 15:41:53 UTC 2022

Principles of Data Management, Newsletter 35, September 2022
The newsletter on Principles of Data Management from databasetheory.org

TABLE OF CONTENTS

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT
Database Theory (preliminary version)

BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT:
Database Theory (preliminary version)
by Marcelo Arenas, Pablo Barcelo, Leonid Libkin, Wim Martens, and Andreas Pieris
* Our book in progress on Database Theory now includes 500+ pages on
    - The Relational Model: The Classics
    - Conjunctive Queries
    - Fast Conjunctive Query Evaluation (new preliminary chapters on tree- and hypertreewidth, the AGM bound, WCO algorithms, and Leapfrog Triejoin)
    - Expressive Languages
    - Uncertainty (new preliminary chapters on incomplete databases and certain answers)
    - Tree-Structured Data (new preliminary chapters on FO, XPath, and tree pattern queries)
    - Expressive Languages for Tree-Structured Data (new preliminary chapters on MSO, tree automata, Datalog, and schema languages)
* We have been teaching and giving tutorials from the book ourselves.
* If you find any errors, feel free to reach out to us!
* Download at https://github.com/pdm-book/community

The next issue of this newsletter is scheduled for early November 2022. Please submit your announcements to newsletter-owner at databasetheory.org until October 31, 2022. Please follow the formatting instructions at databasetheory.org/newsletter.

Past issues of the newsletter can be found at databasetheory.org/newsletter.