[Newsletter PoDM ] databasetheory.org is online & welcome to the newsletter on Principles of Data Management

newsletter at databasetheory.org newsletter at databasetheory.org
Mon Jul 4 10:03:43 CEST 2016

Dear all,

herewith we gladly announce that databasetheory.org, the new website on Principles of Data Management, is now online. Please have a look.

Furthermore, you will receive today the first issue of the newsletter on Principles of Data Management from databasetheory.org.

We added you to this mailing list, because we consider you a member or a close neighbor of the area, and we assumed you would be interested. If not, we apologise, and you can easily unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to newsletter-unsubscribe at databasetheory.org and by confirming your leave by following the instructions in the answer mail that you will receive.

Both, the new website, databasetheory.org, and the newsletter are among the many initiatives that are coming out of a Dagstuhl Perspectives Workshop on the Foundations of Data Management.

The aim of the website is to collect resources, events and job announcements. It also features a blog, currently hosted by Jan Van den Bussche, and surveys that appeared in the Sigmod Record Database Principles Column.

We want this site to be the place to be for anything related to the principles of data management and for this we need your help. For any suggestions and content to be added please send an email to  info at databasetheory.org. If you are interested in blogging on principles of data management, please register for an account (https://databasetheory.org/user/register).

The newsletter on principles of data management aims to distribute announcements about conferences, (research) jobs or books, and other information relevant for researchers who are interested to some extent in the principles of data management. One can register to receive the newsletter by sending an e-mail to newsletter-unsubscribe at databasetheory.org. (But if you receive this mail, you are currently subscribed)

We plan to send out the newsletter roughly every two months, more specifically during the first days of odd-numbered months (without any guarantee). Please submit your announcements by the end of even-numbered months to newsletter at databasetheory.org.

To facilitate the process and to make the newsletter a bit homogeneous, please follow the formatting instructions given at https://databasetheory.org/newsletter.

The initial set of recipients consists of invitees of the above mentioned Dagstuhl workshop and some authors of the last ICDT and PODS conferences whose mail addresses could be found online.

Please feel free to forward this mail to colleagues, who might be interested.

We are looking forward to meeting you at databasetheory.org.

With best regards
Floris Geerts
Thomas Schwentick