Due to the situation regarding COVID-19, the AMW organization has decided to postpone the event to the second semester of 2020. Yet, it all depends on how the situation evolves. The final decisions will be informed during July 2020.
The Alberto Mendelzon International Workshop on Foundations of Data Management (AMW) brings together top researchers from all over the world, creating the opportunity to discuss and spread research results relating to data management. AMW is a way to honor the memory of Alberto Mendelzon and places emphasis on promoting international research ties with Latin America in these areas. We solicit research papers on the relevant topics that we list below.
The co-located AMW Summer School provides an opportunity for students (graduate and undergraduate), researchers, and practitioners, to attend tutorials from internationally-renowned speakers, and to interact with the research community. Students from Latin America are particularly encouraged to attend. (Please check the homepage for news of travel grants.)
The 14th edition of AMW will take place in Cuzco, Perú, from May 18-22, 2020. (We kindly ask you to consider distributing this Call for Papers to others who may be interested.) See https://amw2020.org/.
- Peter Boncz (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam).
- Angela Bonifati (Lyon 1 University).
- Bill Howe (University of Washington).
- Jorge Pérez (Universidad de Chile).
- Abstracts due: March 8th, 2020 (note: extended)
- Paper due: March 15th, 2020 (note: extended)
- Notifications due: April 15th, 2020
- Camera-ready due: April 30th, 2020
- School: May 18th-19th, 2020
- Workshop: May 20th-22th, 2020
All deadlines are 23:59 on that date anywhere on Earth.
We solicit submissions in the following areas of data management (and other related areas):
- Approximate and probabilistic query answering
- Data analytics
- Data exchange and integration
- Data mining
- Data modeling
- Data privacy, security, and blockchain
- Data provenance
- Data streams
- Data visualization
- Data warehousing
- Database benchmarking
- Database concurrency and transactions
- Database storage and indexing
- Distributed and parallel databases
- Ethics of data science
- Graph data management
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases
- Information extraction
- Information retrieval
- Logic and databases
- Machine learning and databases
- Model theory and databases
- Domain-specific databases
- Knowledge representation
- Physical design
- Query languages
- Query processing and optimization
- Semantic Web
- Social networks
- Spatial/temporal data
Papers addressing foundational aspects are particularly welcome. However, we also encourage the submission of papers (especially short papers; see submission instructions below) that illustrate applications of foundational results in real-world contexts.
We invite two types of submissions:
- Extended abstracts of up to 10 pages, presenting original research.
- Short papers of up to 4 pages that may contain either original ongoing research or recently published results.
Both extended abstracts and short papers will be published in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings (http://ceur-ws.org). The authors can opt-out if desired.
Papers should be written in English and have to be formatted according to the LNCS Springer style for Lecture Notes in Computer Science and submitted electronically via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=amw2020) in PDF format. The submissions will be judged by the Program Committee for scientific quality and relevance. At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the workshop to present the work.
General Chair: Renzo Angles
Program Committee Chairs:
- Benny Kimelfeld <email@example.com>
- Vanina Martinez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mahmoud Abo Khamis
- Sergio Abriola
- Laura Alonso Alemany
- Marcelo Arenas
- Pablo Barceló
- Monica Canuipan
- Sara Cohen
- Madalina Croitoru
- Diego Figueira
- Roy Friedman
- Lukasz Golab
- Bill Howe
- Sebastian Link
- Mirella M. Moro
- Cristian Molinaro
- Yuval Moskovitch
- Regina Motz
- Filip Murlak
- Frank Neven
- Jorge Pérez
- Theodoros Rekatsinas
- Altigran S. Da Silva
- Nicole Schweikardt
- Gerardo Simari
- Martín Ugarte
- Renata Wassermann
- Martín Ugarte <email@example.com>
- Regina Paola Ticona Herrera <firstname.lastname@example.org>